[lbo-talk] Cuban HDI

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 12:52:31 PDT 2003

No. But do you doubt that holding, uh, "free" elections with US-provided finnancing for the Mas Canosans (yes, I know he;s dead) and opening the airwaves and the mass media to flood of Faux News style Gusano journalism would lead to a Nicaraguan result? So you might tweak his repressive policy some, but it would still be repressive. As long as the US will not leave Cuba alone, there are no good alternatives. jks

Luke Weiger <lweiger at umich.edu> wrote:Justin wrote: > No, no, no. The problem is that we don't see the truth as Leo sees it -- Democrats aside > Nathan's a different story. Castro's repression is wrong, and I'll say it now or at any time. I'll > also say that I'm not sure what other choice Castro has, You actually think jailing dissidents will help preserve the gains of revolution? I thought you yourself had said that the current jailings were not only a crime, but an ill-conceived crime as well. -- Luke