[lbo-talk] The Cuba Petition

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Sat Apr 26 10:02:44 PDT 2003

Justin wrote:

> I don't blame political differences on the factors you name. But I do hold people responsible
> for failing to read or understand plain prose, for dodging important hard questions without
> even acknowledging that they are real an important, for willfully misrepresenting other's
> positions, and for slanderous attacks and sanctimonious claptrap. jks

Two points and then I'm done with this discussion:

1) Brad did give a tendentious misreading to what you wrote. I don't think that's evidence enough that he's an illiterate piece of excrement that doesn't deserve tenure from a decent school.

2) One of the things I've observed in my relatively short (about a decade long) politically aware life is that, oddly enough, it almost always seems to be one's political opponents (and not one's allies) that engage in all the shady practices you outlined.

-- Luke