[lbo-talk] lweiger at umich.edu

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 10:17:25 PDT 2003

Now you are misreading me too. I said I was amazed that I couldn't get a tenured job when someone like like Brad could. I certainly come up to his standards. As for illiteracy, he's repeatedly done this before. I assume, I hope, he's better in his professional work. And yoiu know as well as I the mechansims that alert people to defects of positions they oppose more than to those they support, that's whyw e have an adversary system of justice. But me, I plead not guilty. I'm pretty ruthless on my side too, as you have had ample opportunity to see. jks

Luke Weiger <lweiger at umich.edu> wrote:Justin wrote: > I don't blame political differences on the factors you name. But I do hold people responsible > for failing to read or understand plain prose, for dodging important hard questions without > even acknowledging that they are real an important, for willfully misrepresenting other's > positions, and for slanderous attacks and sanctimonious claptrap. jks Two points and then I'm done with this discussion: 1) Brad did give a tendentious misreading to what you wrote. I don't think that's evidence enough that he's an illiterate piece of excrement that doesn't deserve tenure from a decent school. 2) One of the things I've observed in my relatively short (about a decade long) politically aware life is that, oddly enough, it almost always seems to be one's political opponents (and not one's allies) that engage in all the shady practices you outlined. -- Luke