[lbo-talk] Re: death squads in our future?

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Mon Apr 28 12:26:34 PDT 2003

I believe the Latin American death squad norm and the US Lynch mob norm both include varying degrees of involvement, participation, or looking the other way by police authorities at many levels.

That should probably be distinguished from legal and procedural shredding of civil liberties including protection against police abuses. Police involvement as described above is certainly police abuse, but definitely not the only known form of that.

DoreneC