[lbo-talk] Re: death squads in our future?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Apr 28 13:48:51 PDT 2003

Frank Scott wrote:

> "Didn't a few Black Panthers meet their ends at the hands of death
> squads of sorts?"
>
> police departments and informant-infiltrators, as I recall, but not vigiliante style lynch-posses or such...anyone know, or remember differently??

This is correct, and Chuck has expanded on it nicely. It is how Fred Hampton and Mark Clark were killed in Chicago. There was some slip-up: the Chicago Tribune printed a photograph of the wall of the room, and it was clear that _all_ the bullets had gone through from outside. The family later did win a lawsuit for damages.

Carrol