[lbo-talk] poll on civil liberties in US

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Wed Apr 30 23:45:33 PDT 2003

> Doug Henwood wrote:

> > On the other hand, 42% continue to believe there is
> evidence (only 36% say
> > there is not) that Saddam Hussein worked with the 9-11
> terrorists, a key
> > message of the Bush team that has never been bolstered
> by fact. And when
> > assessing who supports the war against Iraq we have now
> shown in two
> > consecutive polls (total sample size 365) that it is
> mainly people who
> > accepted the government's hoopla about an Iraqi threat
> on face value (they
> > remain 2:1 for war).

I saw a commercial today where they had that ex-senator turned Law And Order DA actor mocking the Sarandon commercial where she asks "What has Iraq ever done to us?"

His message was: "What should we do with the inevitable prospect of nuclear weapons in the hands of a murderous and aggressive enemy? ... Kick the can down the road? Thank goodness we have a president with the courage to protect our country. And when people ask 'What has Saddam done to us?' I ask, 'What had the 9/11 hijackers done to us before 9/11?'"

Creepy!

Here's an article on the ad:

http://www.adage.com/news.cms?newsId=37289 --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]