Dull, dull, dull (was Re: [lbo-talk] Ann Coulter's Living)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 14:08:39 PDT 2003

--- mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Nation is easy to bash, but its circulation has
> soared in recent years, and many of the articles
> really are great, like that recent one comparing the
> U.S. to imperial Japan.

Some of the articles are worthwhile, but visually it is an eyesore. Every time I see it, I think of the fishing trips I used to take as a teenager, because the Nation looks like good fish wrapping paper or as impromptu toilet paper. You are right: the Nation IS easy to bash.

If you want to see a really beautiful and visually creative "left" magazine, check out the Italian one "Global". I know that they were considering creating an english edition and that was one of Luca Casarini's reason for recently visiting New York.

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"