[lbo-talk] mobile phones and telemarketers [was: backlash?]

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Aug 5 14:41:30 PDT 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 at 4:39pm Wojciech Sokolowski wrote:

> I wonder, however, how long this freedom form
> telemarketers is going to last?

Until the law is changed. It is illegal to make unsolicited calls to cell phones because it puts the burden of the cost of the call on the receiver. I have had the same call phone number for about 5 years and I have gotten 2 spams on it -- one from a car company that I'd rented from and so they were within their rights to call me. (I'd absent mindedly given them my call phone # when I rented instead of my modem/fax number that has no telephone attached as I usually do.)

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"