[lbo-talk] Penile Invasions (was: Dull)

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Aug 8 11:47:59 PDT 2003

jks wrote:
>I don't understand how this idea is supposed to be
>patriarchical unless it is not reciprocal, i.e.,
>unless the idea is that a woman may not also go
>elsewhere if she isn't getting (ebough) sex from her
>husband,m or theright sort. Are you saying that if you
>don't get enough sex from your spouse, you should
>either forego it or get a divorce, regardless of the
>other costs, for example to the kids, and indeed the
>benefits of the relationship, which need not all be
>sexual? That sounds very rigid and Puritanical to me,
>bot at all like you, Kells. jks

It depends on the circumstance, of course, but in some cases withholding sex, say as part of a fight, is the leverage point for the person with less power in the relationship. So when that is easily evaded, by men going elsewhere, it means women have less leverage. Sort of like 'striker replacement.'

Jenny Brown