[lbo-talk] Penile Invasions (was: Dull)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 12:31:54 PDT 2003

Yes, but then it's still not the idea that anyone may go where he or she likes for sex, other things being equal, that is objectionable, but the underlying imbalance of gender power. Jenny's explanation may go to why many women feel strongly about their husbands or boiyfriends cheating, though. Men, presumably, often feel strongly because of jealously or wounded possessiveness. However, I don't think our objections to gender inequities provide us witha reason to endorse traditional repressive sexual moralities. There are other objections to adultery, but the idea that traditional moralities give women a weapon in the struggle against their husbands is not a strong one. That is because those moralities themselves reinforce sexism. This should not need to be said. jks