[lbo-talk] Patriotism is Relative, Not Absolute

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Fri Aug 8 22:57:04 PDT 2003

Quoting andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>:

> The
> US isn't better, but it's ours

Nobody owns Mordor. Mordor owns us. I'm a vastly privileged petit bourgeois intellectual, but even I owe the Education Dept. of the US 100K, compounding at 8% per annum. The oil orcs are wilding in the Tigris and burning down what's left of Bananamerica's higher educational system and launching a 50-year Terror War on most of the planet and the Mouth of Sauron howls and gibbers on Fox News. It's OK to celebrate the lore of the Elves, but one must resist the deceptive neo-nationalism of the Ring.

-- DRR