[lbo-talk] Penile Invasions (was: Dull)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 09:43:04 PDT 2003

--- > (as an aside, "keeping it together for the kids"
> carries a bit of
> puritanical luggage.

That may be true (the thought is Bad Selfish Wife! Puting Your Silly Needs Ahead of the Kids!, right?), but there's something to it. Not on the Bad Selfish Wife Theory, of course, but just the idea that the kids count too. I helped my best friend get out of an awful abusive marriage where she and the kids are better off with her as a single mom. But divorce _can_ be hard on the kids. If your situation is tolerable, that's a consideration. It's not a trump. We were talking about a case where one partner isn't getting enough or the right kind of sex. If things are otherwise all right, or all right enough, that may not be enough reason for a divorce, especially if it would hurt the kids. Depends on the reason why the sex problem, one supposes. Counseling is almost always a good idea, I agree. jks