[lbo-talk] Re: Patriotism

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 06:21:50 PDT 2003

DRR is wrong. The things listed below are hobbit lore. With the exception of of the judges, they aren't elf lore. They are _ours_, _we_ made them, Mordor doesn't want them. Mordor, you remember, cannot create, it can only mock and twist. I'm not giving Louis Armstrong or the 14th Amendment up to nobody!

I recall what Paul Robeson said when some idiot asked him, if he felt that way, why he didn't go "back" to Russia; he got mad in his slow baritone way, and explained that just because black and working people were forced to make this country didn't mean that they didn't make it, and making it makes it ours.

Look, I understand that you feel alienated, so do I. You hate George Bush and John Ashcroft and the KKK and Shaker Heights and the 82d Airborne and Justices Scalia and Thomas and the Strategic Air Command and the federal prison at Terre Haute, Indiana, and ConAgra and AOL Time Warner and General Motors and union busting management side labor lawyers. And so do I.

Why give them our country? Why say to the working and poor people that Bush is right, and this land, the land that they, the workers and the poor love, is _their_ land -- the land of the Bushes and Scalias? I think that's dumb. And wrong. Woody would not approve.

jks