[lbo-talk] California's Glorious Recall

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 11 16:33:55 PDT 2003

At 3:46 PM -0700 8/11/03, mike larkin wrote:
>If he does slip in somehow, just imagine the rousing mandate from
>the people he'll have to push through his agenda. Single payer'd be
>a sure thing. :)

***** Pew Research Center for the People & the Press survey conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates. July 14-Aug. 5, 2003. Nationwide.

. "I'd like to read you a list of some programs and proposals that are being discussed in this country today. For each one, please tell me whether you strongly favor, favor, oppose, or strongly oppose it. The first one is: The U.S. government guaranteeing health insurance for all citizens, even if it means repealing most of the recent tax cuts." Form 1 (N=1,284, MoE ± 3.5)

Favor Oppose No Opinion

67% 26% 7%

7-8/03

"I'd like to read you a list of some programs and proposals that are being discussed in this country today. For each one, please tell me whether you strongly favor, favor, oppose, or strongly oppose it. The first one is: The U.S. government guaranteeing health insurance for all citizens, even if it means raising taxes." Form 2 (N=1,244, MoE ± 3.5)

Favor Oppose No Opinion

67% 29% 4%

7-8/03

<http://www.pollingreport.com/health1.htm> *****

This should be the top issue in the campaign. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>