[lbo-talk] Ralph on the recall

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 12 14:23:15 PDT 2003

Brad DeLong wrote:

>Interesting how "elect somebody who will be a good governor" is not
>on the list of things that Nader thinks are worth doing.
>
>What a dork.

Governors are about governments, which can't be trusted, since they have their own interests, unlike juries, which dissolve upon delivering a verdict. Ralph doesn't seem to believe that agents can be trusted or that it's possible for principals to discipline them. You could call his POV anarchism, but I suspect there are a lot of people at George Mason that would agree with him.

Doug