[lbo-talk] Ralph on the recall

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Aug 13 09:24:18 PDT 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 at 6:55pm Doug Henwood wrote:

> This is hardly a straw-man version of Ralph. He's hostile
> to regulatory agencies because he thinks they inevitably
> get captured.

Do you have any examples of said agencies that haven't been captured? Former and future Big Energy executives and lobbyists run the FERC, insurance executives run the state insurance commissions (jeezus that is a mess in TX), and they're gonna appoint Daniel Pipes to the Institute for Peace!

Don't get me wrong, litigitocracy isn't my favorite model for organizing a society, but Ralph does have a point.

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"