[lbo-talk] Alex Cockburn on Ted Honderich

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 15 12:02:24 PDT 2003

That's ridiculous. Would the objection to an attack on German civilians by the French Resistance (even a suicide attack) be that the French partisans were not "seeking a two state or binational single state solution," or that it was "a violent rejection of Germans having any business living anywhere" in Europe, or that it was an "act of collective punishment," or that it could be equated with anti-Germanism?

I'd see the attack as unethical, but those would not be my objections. I can however imagine Nazi officials condemning it that way. --CGE