[lbo-talk] Re: men, women, sex

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Aug 16 16:20:50 PDT 2003

WDK wrote:

"Yeah that's fascinating all right. Are these friends of yours up front about it before hand: "Hey 'honey,' I 'love' you. Let's get 'married.' It'll be great. I'll get these children I want, then shortly after I get tired of childbirth, I'll leave with the kids and half your income as child support until my, not your, kids get out of college, or until you kill yourself, whichever comes first; and meanwhile you, you loser, can go masturbate for the rest of your life. Sound like a deal? Buy me a ring, let's set a date.""

I don't think the women do it on purpose. I think there are some great men out there and plenty of lousy ones too. I think we (men and women) are far more driven by our hormones than we would like to think and we supply the justifications as we go. I was fascinated by observing this "trend" -- but I expect it would be well nigh impossible to get any real data on this. Somone else has written that lesbian relationships are plagued by the same problems as hetero relationships, and I expect that too is right.

Joanna