[lbo-talk] Rejectionists and Thugs (Was Cockburn on Hondorich)

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Mon Aug 18 16:38:19 PDT 2003

Apologies for the delay.

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> I'm not sure of your point.

Perhaps I can address this in a more direct, less ham-fisted way. Here it goes. I can't really say much more about how tactics can betray a great deal about aims without repeating myself. But there are two points I can elaborate on. One, since explaining isn't excusing, there should be no qualms with condemnation. Second, and this seems the most important one in light of our exchange though I didn't appreciate it at the time, what the occupation helps explains is why there is such a generous reception to fanaticism in general, but not this specific fanaticism. Yes, rage is understandable, but why _this_ articulation? Yes, resistance is to be expected, but why in _this_ form?

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!