[lbo-talk] contract/lease law

Miike Quenling Ellis flagrant_sake at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 11:33:57 PDT 2003

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:

> Enforcing the pet policy is another matter. Many landlords enforce it
> selectively - i.e. when the tenant pisses them off for other reasons,
> but look the other way when the tenant has been "good" (i.e. paying the
> rent on time and not bitching). So if that is your case and you can
> prove it, you may use selective enforcement as a defence although I am
> not sure how effective (Justin?).

actually i have a good case for it. because about the same time all the other tenants moved out because of these 2 bands that practised next door. I was the one that told him about the problem that was costing him money. he had no clue...all the other tenants had gotten out and said nothing. i actually stuck it out to finish the lease...and got the shaft for it. he charged me for alot of other ridiculous things totalling aprox 1500$. it's pretty clear by the inventory he made 1250$ up off the top of his head.

carpet cleaning 250$ misc. cleaning 250$ blinds 250$ windows 250$ linoleum 250$

he even got cute with the acounting making some charges 248$, 243$, 260$, 236$, 245$ and split up all the cleaning so i wouldn't notice it all totaled 245$

~M.E.