[lbo-talk] Re: Art is Dead

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sat Aug 23 09:20:57 PDT 2003

This is one of the greatest times for the visual arts. Sadly, a lot of people just don't know where to look for the really good stuff.... Brian Siano

-------

Yeah, yeah. Our taste differs. R. Crumb, Robt Williams okay, maybe Charles Burns. Chris Ware fogetit.

I've been through stock photo and graphic catalogues, tons of them. Of course the technique is unbelievable and astonishing, makes me puke with envy.

Here, you'll like this. I was trying to get a job at some sleazy ad agency and knew one of the guys working there. So I went to visit him. He was working on this very funky looking drawing, a title for a product called `No Fries'. I thought it was the ugliest, dumbest, stupidest looking thing I'd ever seen him do.

About a year later I was looking through `Print' magazine and saw the fucking thing won a minor award. Great.

Chuck Grimes