[lbo-talk] school uniforms

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Mon Aug 25 07:50:43 PDT 2003

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> So what you are suggesting is that one should shut up and blindly follow
>
>dominant cultural fads, be it catholic, or pomo. Some individualism,
>indeed. And where does critical thinking fits in this scheme?

Let me guess. You don't blindly follow dominant cultural fads. In fact, you make your clothing out of corn flax and hemp fiber which you cultivate, dry out, weave, and knit together all by yourself, down at your farm in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.

Or, rather than _blindly following_ dominant cultural fads and buying the products, you _critically examine_ cultural fads before buying the products?