[lbo-talk] school uniforms (was: Ehrenreich responds to BDL)

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 08:26:19 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu>

> So what you are suggesting is that one should shut up and blindly follow
> dominant cultural fads, be it catholic, or pomo. Some individualism,
> indeed. And where does critical thinking fits in this scheme?
>
> Wojtek

Actually that is what you and Carrol indirectly suggest with your assertion that individuality is not an ontological referent. Tell that to the biochemists, biologists and other students of the life sciences. And, of course, nothing you have said is original either; we're all manifestations of 'derived intentionality' exquisitely controlled by the iron cage of history and bureaucracy so let's just kill ourselves and get it over with.

There are no successful clones in the social world. Identity/difference anyone?

Sheesh,

Ian