[lbo-talk] Servant culture

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 25 20:54:04 PDT 2003

The "boddhisatva" wrote:

Comrade Monaco,

No, I don't represent "capital uber alles" by any stretch of the imagination. I have come to understand, however, that markets are inevitable social structures, common to all societies.

That's a good thing because markets are fundamentally a democratic structure which is why capitalists are forever trying to distort and avoid truly free markets in order to capture an advantage. ******************************************************

Markets are form: we are the content. Most of us don't own most of the commodities in the market, even though we create them. If we socially owned and democratically managed what we produced, we could distribute our wealth according to our needs, as opposed to having to enter the markpetplace of capitalistically owned commodities with only our wages in hand.

YFTSR, Mike B)

===== ***************************************************************** Cognitive dissonance is the inner conflict produced when long-standing beliefs are contradicted by new evidence.

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal