[lbo-talk] Sad Story

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 26 08:48:17 PDT 2003

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Justin, you live in one of- if not THE most heavily indoctrinated
>
>country in the world, where the most sophisticated propaganda apparatus
>ever created targets vulnerable minds from the day they are born through
>multiple channels of communication. Worse yet, unlike most Europeans or
>Asians who can easily access channels of communication in other
>countries, virtually all US-ers (except those who live near the Canadian
>or Mexican border) have no access to such channels. All they can get is
>the crap broadcasted by the unholy triumvirate of big business, big
>media and corporate government.

Or the Internet, apparently.

> It is even better than the "citizen's
>radio" that the Nazis pioneered (i.e. one with the switch between the
>local station and Berlin instead of the dial) - you cannot listen to
>alternatives even if you have the equipment. Under the Nazi occupation,
>people risked their lives by listening to short wave radio and spreading
>the word, but today short wave is practically dead. Besides, the
>steaming crap from Britney Spears
>(http://www.derfcity.com/n/newtoon1.html) is so much more attractive to
>the naïve teenage mind than the static-ridden short wave.

Oh, my God, we're living under the NAZIS? Why didn't anyone TELL me? How could I have been so easily DELUDED by the lack of storm troopers, Waffen-SS, and Gestapo officers running our lives? How could I have MISSED the CONCENTRATION CAMPS just outside of Philadelphia? Why did I not NOTICE the sudden disappearance of all my Jewish friends? Oh, my GOD, how could I have IGNORED this for so long?

>So what makes you think that your humble words can be heard through the
>cacophony emitted by the corporate media? Do not despair, my friend,
>you are being defeated by the biggest propaganda machine that have ever
>existed on the face of the earth.

Do not despair? "You are being defeated," "what make you think your words can be heard," and DO NOT DESPAIR?

That's like saying, "You may have inoperable brain cancer, but DO NOT DESPAIR, because it's rarely ever cured anyway."