[lbo-talk] Sad Story

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 09:37:55 PDT 2003

Under
> the Nazi occupation,
> >people risked their lives by listening to short
> wave radio and spreading
> >the word, but today short wave is practically dead.
> Besides, the
> >steaming crap from Britney Spears
> >(http://www.derfcity.com/n/newtoon1.html) is so
> much more attractive to
> >the naïve teenage mind than the static-ridden short
> wave.

My daughter is very amused to hear that her naive teenage mind is attracted to Britney Spears. But she says that between Britney and static ridden shortwave (I had to tell her what that was), she'd take neither.

Actually for the past several years she has been listening to hip hop and R&B, but is now starting to branch out into rock, show music, and even country. On the car trip she spent several hours on headphones listening intently to The Essential Bob Dylan, which is a pretty big concession, considering that I'm the big Dylan fan in the house, and of course anything that Dad likes has to be lame, by definition. Dylan. Communism. Blechh.

jks