[lbo-talk] Fwd: [cultstud-l] Sokal & Bricmont or Lenin?

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 16:45:30 PDT 2003

Sure: Lenin is a scientific realist. Lenin was a Bolshevik. Sokak & Bricmont are scientific realists. Therefore S & B are Bolsheviks. It follows, you see. Of course to make it follow you have to use a nonstandard logic where affirming the consequent isn't a fallacy, but if you chuck realism, anything is possible. OInce we are not under the guns of the Communists, we can deny the existence of the external world and revel in relativism. Except for Communism. That is objectively BAD. Are we clear on everything now? jks

<http://www.cas.usf.edu/communication/rodman/cultstud/>