[lbo-talk] Fwd: [cultstud-l] Sokal & Bricmont or Lenin?

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 26 16:56:12 PDT 2003

http://dogma.free.fr/txt/JB-Anti-Imperialism.htm

Jean Bricmont Why we still need to be anti-imperialists

On Lenin, Kevin Anderson, has a very good book, "LENIN, HEGEL, AND WESTERN MARXISM:A Critical Study." http://www.press.uillinois.edu/f95/anderson.html

Haven't ever gotten around to reading, "Lenin as Philosopher, " by Pannekoek, http://www.geocities.com/~johngray/lenphl.htm Appendix : LENIN'S PHILOSOPHY by Karl Korsch http://www.geocities.com/~johngray/lenphl13.htm
> ...This article first appeared in Living Marxism IV:5 (November 1938) a
> council communist journal edited by Paul Mattick. It had first been
> written for the Institute for Social Research (Frankfurt School) journal
> Zeitschrift fur Sozialforschung but was not accepted. A French
> translation was published as an appendix in the Spartacus Editions
> version of Lenin as Philosopher, and it was reprinted in the Merlin Press
> english language edition. In the latter it is wrongly attributed to Paul
> Mattick.

Some additional remarks to Anton Pannekoek's recent criticism of Lenin's book "Materialism and Empirio-Criticism." <SNIP>

Leninism Goes West