[lbo-talk] Re: Uniforms/Fashion

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Aug 27 08:41:45 PDT 2003

Doug:
> You've got some problems here, Woj. Opium is fun. People take it
> because it makes them feel good. It may cause problems later, but

It certainly is, but I would not want to devote my life to talking about it. Perhaps one of the most distressing aspects of drug addiction is being around people who talk about nothing but drugs.

Ii is one thing to wear clothing, ingest substances, or attend spectacles (both secular and religious) that make one feel good about oneself, and quite a different thing to make those things into expressions of human essence. It is a difference between an object and a fetish.

Wojtek