[lbo-talk] the rhyme in the unreason

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 27 12:30:15 PDT 2003

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

>But hatred? What's that about?

Here's one:

>Please do not use the terrible interview with Slavoj Zizek in Issue
>105 as fillers as they detract from your otherwise
>excellent economics publication. If you do not have enough for an
>issue, wait. There is always lots of information
>that needs to be publicized, such as:

What follows is a list of factoids with URLs - which exactly misses the point of the interview and my front-page polemic. Facts aren't enough. You can debunk and demystify around the clock with little effect. But lots of lefties don't want to hear that. They're convinced that the people are duped by a sinister media machine and once they get the facts, everything will take care of itself. As if ideology worked in so straightforward a manner.

Doug