[lbo-talk] the rhyme in the unreason

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 08:18:54 PDT 2003

Doug wrote:

Quoting from my interview with Slavoj Zizek in LBO #105 (which, by the way, has generated lots of extreme responses, from admiration to hatred): <snip>

But even if the U.S. is consciously counting on the global disorder, it will not be able to control it.

********

Hatred?

Hmmm.

Admiration I understand. I'm a fellow traveller. Criticism I understand. No one's ideas are above critical analysis.

But hatred? What's that about?

By the way, Zizek's point here is almost identical to one made by Wallerstein in an essay that was posted to the list a little while back - they may want chaos and may even set the stage but the actors are following their own scripts and the multiple blowbacks will take us in wholly unpredictable directions.

Buckle up.

DRM