[lbo-talk] Pollitt on Dean

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 28 06:07:21 PDT 2003

joand315 wrote:

> Should we just leave Iraq and let it degenerate into a civil war? Won't
> many more innocent people be killed as a result?

No. Nothing, nothing whatever, will bring as much death and destruction as will a continuing western presence in Iraq, whether that western presence is called U.N. or U.S.

I first had this argument back in the '70s over Nicaragua. A poli-sci professor who had been in Nicaragua and called himself a "marxist-leninist" argued that unless "we" helped Nicaragua there was no hope for the people there.

Same thing applies here.

Actually, I've given up arguing this. But I urge people to file this post and Yoshie's away and recheck them 5 to 10 years from now.

U.S. out of Iraq!

U.N. out of Iraq!

Carrol