[lbo-talk] Arnie recounts his sexual history

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Aug 28 07:32:31 PDT 2003

New York Post [Page Six] - August 28, 2003

ARNOLD BOASTED OF SEX ORGIES

ARNOLD Schwarzenegger once boasted about participating in a gang bang with other bodybuilders during an X-rated magazine interview he gave back in 1977.

The California gubernatorial wannabe noted that "everybody jumped on" the woman involved and "took her upstairs where we all got together." Schwarzenegger added that not every muscleman joined the orgy, "just the guys who can [bleep] in front of other guys. Not everybody can do that. Some think that they don't have a big-enough [bleep], so they can't get [aroused]."

Schwarzenegger's salacious sex talk appeared in the August 1977 issue of Oui, a defunct men's magazine published by Playboy, and unearthed by thesmokinggun.com.

The six-page interview was conducted by Peter Manso and flagged on Oui's cover with the headline, "Arnold Schwarzenegger on the Sex Secrets of Bodybuilders."

Schwarzenegger, then 29, even entertained a question about his penis size. Asked if his penis was disproportionate to the rest of his body, he replied, "Well, that depends on what you mean by disproportionate. The [penis] isn't a muscle, so it doesn't grow in relation to the shoulders, say, or the pectorals. You can't make it bigger through exercise, that's for sure."

Asked if he felt "exploited" by women who pursued him because of his physique, Schwarzenegger said, "No, I'd feel used only if I didn't get something out of it. If a girl comes on strong and says, 'I really dig your body and I want to [bleep] the [bleep] out of you,' I just decide whether or not I like her. If I do take her home, I try to make sure I get just as much out of it as she does. The word exploited therefore wouldn't apply."

Schwarzenegger later noted that outside the gym, he forgets about bodybuilding: "I can look at a chick who's a little out of shape and if she turns me on, I won't hesitate to date her. If she's a good [bleep], she can weigh 150 pounds, I don't care."

On the practice of abstaining from sex prior to a competition, Arnold rejected that approach: "I get [bleeped] on purpose. I can't sleep before a competition and I'm up all night, anyway, so instead of staring at the ceiling I figure I might as well find somebody and [bleep]." In fact, at the 1972 Mr. Olympia contest, "we had girls backstage giving [bleep], then all of us went out and I won. It didn't bother me at all; in fact, I went out there feeling like King Kong."