[lbo-talk] Re: money for Bechtel/the story NOT told

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Fri Aug 29 08:34:12 PDT 2003

At 10:27 AM -0400 29/8/03, Doug Henwood wrote:

>Christian Parenti also said that he's talked to people who surmise that at least a faction of the Bush admin wants Iraq in chaos, as does the Israeli government. That would make some sense - they're not *that* incompetent, are they?

Why do you find it so hard to believe that they are that incompetent? The extreme right-wing of politics have never been the brightest sparks. I mean, look at Pauline Hanson and her ilk in Australia, thick as two short planks.

GW Bush is a moron. The people surrounding him in government are sycophants who admire him, so how bright can they be?

This theory of a cunning plan to create chaos in Iraq borders on delusional. Simply because that would make it a cunning plan from the US government that actually comes off as planned. Pull the other one... The simple explanation, that they are indeed incompetent, seems more reasonable. I suppose it must seem hard to believe that they are *that* incompetent, but less hard to believe than the theory that they are *that* clever as to have planned this out.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas