[lbo-talk] Re: money for Bechtel/the story NOT told

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 29 09:28:47 PDT 2003

Bill Bartlett wrote:

>Why do you find it so hard to believe that they are that
>incompetent? The extreme right-wing of politics have never been the
>brightest sparks. I mean, look at Pauline Hanson and her ilk in
>Australia, thick as two short planks.
>
>GW Bush is a moron. The people surrounding him in government are
>sycophants who admire him, so how bright can they be?

I'm not talking about Bush alone, but the whole apparatus of the U.S. empire, which is pretty hard to call anything but a success. It may be that the Bush gang has alienated or ignored the professionals who actually run the imperial operation. But you don't dominate the world for over 50 years by being a gang of morons.

Doug