[lbo-talk] KPRF

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 08:29:41 PST 2003

OK. This is OFFICIALLY my last post for today and maybe for tomorrow, for I am wasting bandwidth and people's time.

Of course it was offensive. The point was to demonstrate how offensive you were being to the millions and millions of people in the former Soviet Union who now live in a poverty that would have been unthinkable during the USSR. There was no poverty in the USSR. In case you have been living in a cave -- NEWS FLASH: There was an economic collapse here in the 1990s!!!!

The grandfather of a friend of mine, a WWII vet who was in the Gulag, died recently in UTTER SQUALOR. In the USSR, he was a respected man, respected and feted. He died in MISERY. The reason for this just happens to be THE COLLAPSE OF COMMUNISM.

"Nostalgic." Good almighty.

I have to go now. On my way home, I will probably give a few rubles to some of the elderly women panhandling in the metro, you know, the base of KPRF support. When I do so, I will make sure to scold them for being "nostalgic" and not living up to the high moral expectations of some guy in Berkeley. I may also pass by a few junkies infecting each other with HIV, something else that didn't happen in the Soviet Union, by the way. When they die, I will be sure to tell their parents not to be "nostalgic."

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t worry if your Inbox will max out while you are enjoying the holidays. Get MSN Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es