[lbo-talk] Perlstein on the "Wal-Mart voters"

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Wed Dec 3 16:14:12 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/3/2003 12:52:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, dhenwood at panix.com writes: Really? Tom Frank is writing a book about Kansas, his home state, and says it's gotten more conservative. How's KC gotten more liberal?

Doug Actually, not to be pedantic KC is in Missouri. I lived in KC in the early 90's, and the Kansas side of the city+suburbs (Johnson County) was actually more liberal than the Missouri side. However it was "Yuppie" country and it was comprised of KU graduates. The Missouri side was more southern than western. It was, overall more conservative than New York but less that Omaha, Nebraska (were I live in the early 80's) Like everything, no easy answers. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20031203/b1e8a074/attachment.htm>