RES: RES: [lbo-talk] KPRF

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Thu Dec 4 03:14:17 PST 2003

-----Mensagem original----- De: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org]Em nome de Chris Doss Enviada em: quinta-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2003 05:30 Para: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Assunto: RE: RES: [lbo-talk] KPRF

The KPRF has no oligarchs on its list; it has people connected to them on its list, as does everybody. Yukos has reps and/or money invested in the KPRF, Party of Right Forces and Yabloko, probably in other parties. That's because that is where the money is.

-But I think there is a trouble here. How a party that became involved -with the oligarchs will be able to make social and economic changes? -In my opinion, the decline of our worker´s party stated when they -accepted money from big business, now they won the elections, but they -are running a very conservative economic policy. Don´t you think this -could happen with the KPRF?

The KPRF is not a revolutionary party; they are reformist SocDems, as in Moldova. They are not radicals. Calling them "red-brown" e.g. is like, in the US, somebody on Freerepublic.com calling Cliinton a Communist. It's insane.

They haven't made a comeback in my opinion primarily because the people on power won't allow them to, and Zyuganov probably doesn't want to be president himself. They will though; it's only a matter of time.

-It´s curious, because they actually HAD an opportunity to seize power when -Yeltsin nominated that PM that now is the leader of Union of Right Forces -(this was in 1997). The KPRF blocked its nomination two times and then -voted for him (in the West the newspapers claimed that KPRF representatives -were bribed). If they rejected him for a third time there would be new -parlamentary elections and the KPRF would have certainly won it. How did -you see that event?

Alexandre