[lbo-talk] Social Forum

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Thu Dec 4 11:55:44 PST 2003

Quoting Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org>:

> No revolution ever came out of a weekend conference,

Not at all. Conferences are where ideas undergo reprocessing into advanced political weaponry. That's why Capital is always organizing confabs in places like Davos.

> I guess they are having another one of these damn things in India next
> year, right?

That's where it *should* be taking place -- a billion people live in India, about a sixth of the human race. I'm abysmally ignorant about the Indian Left, but I do know the movements there are battling a truly carnivorous neoliberal capitalism, etc. -- the same monster which is rampaging across the entire planet. They're our brothers and sisters in this fight.

-- DRR