[lbo-talk] Review of Hitchens and Ali

dave dorkin ddorkin1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 10:20:59 PST 2003

> Why? Is Tariq Ali beyond criticism? DP

I have a difficult time believing that you are serious when asking if Ali is beyond criticism. Of course he isnt (no one is) but have a look at the "criticism" here and how was it voiced. I didnt see anything vaguely resembling a close textual analysis or critique but an attack on his ego, by which standard I can "criticise" anyone and everyone willy nilly with no need for support.

"Pro wrestlers have more dignity" "I say put the three of them on a plane to Baghdad and then call the guerillas beforehand to let them know they're coming. ("If I had a rocket launcher)"

Tariq Ali isnt some poor ignorant schmuck to be written off like that whatever his faults. David