[lbo-talk] Hitchens finds missing WMD

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Mon Dec 8 09:35:01 PST 2003

If his facts are to be taken as true (and I'm not conceding them), then any WMD danger was ended *before* the US invasion and occupation. So Hitchens is left arguing that an invasion, war, government overthrow, and continued occupation of Iraq by the US is justified because Saddam Hussein destroyed illegal weapons and aborted an arms deal (since he shouldn't hsve destroyed the weapons, and he shouldn't have made any deal in the first place). And confirms that most of the real existing statements made by Bush and all representatives of the US government in justification of the war were in fact lies (to which point Hitchens would certainly object to my "literal-mindedness").

And on what does he base his claim that Saddam and bin Laden were allied? Any stories I've heard are no more credible than claims that Bush and bin Laden worked together--they are of the same association-by-a-third-party form. Does anyone know differently? Or am I just being too "literal minded"?

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:29:18 -0600