[lbo-talk] Re: Beaten Black Man's Death a Homicide (Cincinnati)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 8 15:05:00 PST 2003

Wojtek wrote:

>There is prejudice and there is behavior feeding into that
>prejudice. For this reason, I think organizations like NAACP have a
>special responsibility to popularize images of black people that
>defy stereotypes - like doctors, lawyers, teachers, academics, and
>other professional types.

What if the main stereotype that prejudices others against you were the idea that the group into which you get classed by others is too rich, too powerful, too successful? Like Jews? -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>