[lbo-talk] Re: US, Israel, & New York Times (was Re: Israel Disease Spreds)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 8 15:49:33 PST 2003

Doug wrote:

>I think the Iraq war was an attempt, which is looking rather
>unsuccessful, at re-asserting U.S. pre-eminence, and the troubles
>that have afflicted the adventure are evidence that Washington
>doesn't run the show after all.

Sure, but that in itself is not new either. Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Lebanon, etc. An empire can't win all the time.

What's really new is the empire in a quagmire running on empty.

Broke like no joke, I've yet to buy your book -- does the book have a take on the empire in a quagmire running on empty, torn between the nationalist power elite and the multinational class of investors? -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>