[lbo-talk] Suicide bombing question

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 04:04:55 PST 2003

Question for anybody out there more informed than I on Palestinian and other non-Chechen use of suicide bombing (probably a lot of people). What strikes me as distinctive about the Chechen case is that the bombers seem inevitably to be women, and the bombs detonated by remote control by someone safely out of fragmentation range. Am I right in thinking this is quite different from other uses of the tactic? The Russian media like to say that the woman are brainwashed and drugged, but they are hardly non-partisan. Although the fact that the bombs are set off by someone may indicate that the bombers are not fully trusted to carry out their mission.

Thanks

_________________________________________________________________ Get holiday tips for festive fun. http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx