[lbo-talk] re Neocons Lose to the Main Enemy

Stephen Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Thu Dec 11 22:25:25 PST 2003

Ian writes: Can we get beyond the idea that capital is foreign or domestic already?

--and the recent conflicts over steel tariffs, currency revaluations,...just an imaginary phenomenon? the limits still placed on non-Chinese investors in Chinese markets? the perspective of Chinese companies and, say, the American Chamber of Commerce on pace of tariff removals (if tariff isn't a controversial term)...all the same...one happy international capitalist family

---------------------------------------------------------- Don't get me started on the privatization [mis]signifier.............

--i'd gladly agree it's used in an ideological manner by its leading proponents, but that changes little in the matter at hand, namely the tensions created as a result of pace of privatization in China...Both the 'neo-cons' and the rest of the neo-liberal spectrum would like to see a similar outcome in China...namely the outright privatization of China's industry and credit institutions...Again, Taiwan's fate or human rights have little to do with much of anything I'm afraid, which is what Brad seemed to be missing out in his comments.

steve