[lbo-talk] will this be like uday and kusay capture?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Dec 14 06:46:29 PST 2003

Stephen Philion wrote:

> the capture of him alive puts the US in a funny position, now possibly to be
> tried for its own bolstering of Saddam during the worst of the massacres he
> will be tried for...Very interesting there was no firefight to the death in
> this case, can't work out to the benefit of the Americans I'd think.

As with most things in American politics, this is about more than just the U.S. "getting their man." This is also about the war on the left, if you look closely at how the right wing spins this. The Free Republic this morning has more stuff bashing Democrats and leftists than it does stuff about a dictator being overthrown. It would be easy to dismiss Free Republic as just being the extreme of the right, but even my father asked me this morning "What's the Left's take on this?" This was not a friendly question.

The war on terrorism, the war in Iraq, and the American drive for Empire is just as much about defeating the left as it is about other stuff.

In other news, if a guerilla war against the U.S.A. can be organized from a small hole in the ground, many anti-US people are going to be feeling inspired this morning. ;-)

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"The USA PATRIOT Act (a.k.a. Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing the Appropriate Tools Required to Infiltrate and Obstruct Terrorism)

was originally named "Unarming and Stripping Americans of Freedom and Allowing Secret Cops to Intimidate Scapegoats and Minorities",

but they thought USA FASCISM didn't sound all that great."

-- Patrick Dempsey