[lbo-talk] The trial of Saddam

Kenneth Campbell kkc at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 14 09:11:38 PST 2003

Chuck, Marc and Stephen all make good points...

And Stephen's media analysis is right, in my humble estimation. The TV talking heads are all subdued this morning. There is an open admission that this is not going to stop resistance because it isn't related to resistance.

But I do wonder at the "trial process" that is upcoming.

Aside from the irony of the U.S. trying to set up some international criminal court...

Saddam sitting in a box may confuse the images of resistance. It may tie _any_ resistance to him -- "it" being the media manipulators employed by various interested parties.

Ken.

-- Man will never arrive. Man will always be on the way.

-- Carl Sandburg