[lbo-talk] re will this be like uday and kusay capture?

Stephen Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Sun Dec 14 08:59:52 PST 2003

marc rodrigues wrote I mean, what's our argument now? And even though I'm no fan of the Dems or electoral politics for that matter, what's Dean's argument gonna be?

--can't speak for the Dems, but I recommend we keep in mind the bravado after uday and kusay were caught, the certainty that would bring the resistance to their knees...This time around there is already quite a lot of word of caution from the 'experts' out there and journalists on the ground (reference Ivan Watson of NPR and Jane Arraf of CNN) that the reaction is mixed in the capital at best. as it becomes clear that little has changed, the "great impact" of this "historic" day will dissipate I'd venture.

steve