[lbo-talk] Saddam Caught

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Dec 14 09:17:19 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>

Watching CNN's live coverage of the press conference where the video of Saddam's capture is being run. While I'm happy for Iraqis that their chief torturer is now in custody, I await to see how a serious War Crimes trial can be conducted without charging those in the West as co-conspirators. Further, I await to see those who rail on and on about their anti-fascist cred, like Nick Cohen and Hitchens, to insist that members of the old Reagan/Bush team be tried alongside old friend Saddam. Again, breath won't be held.

DP

Who will represent the plaintiffs?

Even more interesting will be who comes forward to defend Hussein if he makes it to:

http://www.icc-cpi.int/php/index.php

Maybe SH can finally tell everyone where the weapons are?

This makes the Bushies and all the America firsters look really dumb, ex post, on the whole International Criminal Court issue.

Ian