[lbo-talk] Hi Tea

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Mon Dec 15 02:54:08 PST 2003

At 01:13 AM 12/15/03 -0500, you wrote:

>Joanna, I specifically said in the second sentence it's *not* about having
>penis envy. It's about being taunted that you have penis envy, *which is
>even more infuriating when you don't.* And taunting of any sort is doubly
>infuriating when the people doing it insist that you're just
>over-reacting.
>
>Women don't have penis envy. Men have penis pride.

When my kid was about four, he drew a stick figure picture of me. I was standing in a statue of liberty pose, holding an ice cream cone. I had breasts, a V, and a, uhhh, post.

Freud, I think, was on to something. :)

Jordan: If a toilet is installed in a home, it is generally left by the plumber with the seat down. If, somewhere along the line, the seat is left up, that's because someone broke your rule. I see no reason to reward the rule breaker by leaving the seat up. :)

Whoever asked, yes I've fallen into the toilet a few times. I don't see why I should have to turn the light on to take a leak at 2 a.m. and I'm pretty sure whoever I was sleeping with appreciated the lights left out just as much as I did.

Yes, I've sat on toilets that men have pissed all over when they couldn't be bothered to lift the seat at all. Many of them, when they do bother to lift the seat, make a big mess of it anyway. Hey, you could be like my uncle. For a long time while they were dating, my aunt wondered why she always heard the toilet paper roll as he was finishing up in the john. As the relationship progressed, she learned it was because he actually made sure to wipe up his mess, including under the rim. As I'm sure y'all appreciate those who wipe up the mess created when women remove a tampon.

My former MIL had the right idea. She had five boys. They all pissed sitting on the toilet, seat down. Made things a lot easier for her and her son's girlfriends and wives. It's been over ten years since I lived with the wasband. Memories fade, even when it comes to someone you knew for a long time. One way I'll always remember him: sitting on the toilet, one hand between his thighs, keeping it down, tinkling and pondering the events of the day. An updated version of the "Thinker" pose. HA!

As for the ubiquity of urinals. You learned to piss in a household toilet. For five years, at least, you pissed that way. get over it.

Kelley (it's really 1963 isn't it?)